Sanmarg code of conduct
We believe that school is a place for teaching and learning, where students feel safe, secure and supported. To provide this supportive learning environment, school communities must foster respect among all members of the school community. Our school code of conduct is based on the belief that there are values fundamental to the well being of both the individual and society and that we are all responsible for the choices we make. It encourages students to recognize and respect diversity and individual differences. In the process, we want students to develop self- discipline, which can be considered as a core of any person’s activity.
We expect our students to maintain and encourage high standards of personal conduct that includes honesty, discipline, integrity, respect and consideration, ethics and values.
RESPONSIBILITIES TOWARDS SCHOOL – GENERAL
- To protect and promote the sanctity of the school by maintaining peace, order and harmony in school.
- Maintain cleanliness in the campus and also help in making our school a green school.
- Safeguard and preserve school property.
- Respect elders, teachers and friends.
- Students need to speak softly and they need to speak only in English while in school.
- Follow the general instructions given in the school by teachers and leaders.
- Attend and maintain the dignity and sanctity of the school assembly.
- Regularity in attending academic and non- academic activities.
- Attend all activities organized by the school like Literary Fest, Independence Day Celebration, Sports Day or any other activity.
RESPONSIBILITIES TOWARDS SCHOOL IN THE CLASS
- Regularity in submission of school work.
- Students should go to respective classes on time.
- Maintain corridor discipline.
- Not come out of the class without the permission of the teachers. Students are not allowed to come out of the class after each period and loiter in the corridors after each class.
- Students participating in outside school activities should inform their coordinators and class teachers in order to avoid a clash with their school activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES TOWARDS FRIENDS
- Helping a friend in need studies or otherwise.
- Do not resort to bullying on bus or in school.
- Use appropriate language in school with friends and others.
DRESS CODE/ UNIFORMS
Students must be dressed in school uniform whenever they are required to make use of the school premises. Students need to be in complete school uniform when
- They represent the school in any inter-school event even if it is conducted during holidays.
- When they accompany their parents for parent teacher meetings or any activity organized by the school.
- When they come to school for reasons like collection of hall ticket, attestation of certificates or marks card and for any other reasons.
- Students have to wear the standardized uniform of the school.
- House T-shirts need to be worn on theday specified.
- Students should wear clean and well ironed dress including tie, belt and socks and shoes
- Shoes and ties have to be washed regularly.
- No student can wear his or her school uniform and go to malls, coffee shops or any other public place.
- Girls are allowed to wear only ankle socks which are above the ankle. They are definitely not allowed to wear low cut socks or ankle socks to school and they have to purchase socks that are according to their shoe size.
- Wear only one small stud or small earrings.
- If long hairs wear two plaits.
- If shoulder length hair, wear ponytail with black bands or ribbons on all days of the week.
- Children having short hair should ensure that hair does not fall on the face. They need to wear their hair back either by wearing a band or a slide.
GIRL STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO
- Have streaked hair, fancy hairstyles, leave shoulder length or long hair untied.
- Use any kind of make up during school hours.
- Wear gold earrings, bangles, chains, colorful and fancy jewellery, long or hanging earrings.
- Adorn their hair with flowers or colourful clips
- Use nail polish or mehendi during school days.
BOY STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO
- Wear caps and headgear in the school.
- Have streaked hair, long hair, long side burns or fancy hairstyles.
- Wear bracelets/chains/ friendship bands or other bands.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE CAMPUS
Students are expected to reach school by 8.30 a.m. and to remain in school for the full school day.
- Those who are making their own transport arrangements should reach the campus on time.
- Prior appointment should be obtained from the office, for parents to visit if other than for planned meetings such as Parent-Teachers meeting.
- If a parent has been called by the school, it is very important for them to report in the front office. No parent is allowed to go directly to meet the Teachers.
- The time of leaving the premises depends on the extra activities carried out by each student. Parents should get prior information from the children on these activities so as to avoid any concern or anxiety regarding their delayed return from school.
- Need an authorized letter from the parent for a student to leave early.Children will not be allowed to leave with a driver or another adult without an authorization letter from the parent.
- Students should take a permission from Principal before they leave the school.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL
- It is compulsory for children to be present on the first and last working day after Dasara, Christmas and summer vacations.
- Parents need to plan their vacation only during school breaks and not otherwise. School will surely not permit children going on vacation during school days.
- Attending marriages and other social functions while the school is in session needs to be kept to the minimum and prior permission should be sought to avail leave.
- If a child has a medical condition and has not reported to school for more than a week, the leave letter should be accompanied by a medical certificate.
- The school will penalize defaulters and parents may kindly note this.
The staff and students of the school are happy to offer their best wishes on a student’s birthday. However, learning time at school is very important, no birthday parties will be allowed in school. No birthday parties can be held for teachers. It is very important that no gifts are distributed. Moreover, no expensive chocolates like chocolate bars should be offered either to students or teachers.
Students need to contact the concerned coordinator, to make a phone call to contact their parents if they are sick after informing the class teacher.
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY CELL PHONES/ IPODS/ MP3 PLAYERS OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS AND EXCESS MONEY TO THE SCHOOL AND THE SAME WILL BE CONFISCATED IF IT IS FOUND IN THE STUDENTS’ POSSESSION
POLICY AGAINST VIOLENCE
We emphasise the importance of non-violence. Pushing, swearing, shoving, biting, hitting and kicking each other are unacceptable, even if done in fun. Physical assault will be dealt with severely, by suspension. It is very important that parents discuss this policy with their child(ren). The school needs parental support in this endeavour.
IN THE ASSEMBLY
- Students must move in a single line, keep the bag in class, and join the assembly in time. They must maintain silence. They need to move and stand in a single line, as per class .
- Be sincere during the prayer and national anthem.
- During specific announcements, be attentive and sincere in expressing your appreciation for others in the assembly so that others do the same when your turn comes.
- Give respect to the student leaders, who are performing their duties and follow their instructions. Your turn also may come, for the role of a leader when you would want others to listen to you.
- No one is allowed to miss assembly and this should be strictly followed even during tests & examinations.
Note : If a child is found bullying a child physically or mentally, the child will be counselled by the Class Teacher, Coordinator . If this behaviour continues, the child will be suspended and asked to leave the school.
Children cannot use any type of social networking sites to malign their friends, teachers and the school. If any child is found doing this, the immediate consequence is suspension from the school.
EXCUSE FROM PHYSICAL EDUCATION
If a student is unable to participate in any kind of physical activity organised by the school because of illness, a note must be recorded by the parent to the physical-education teacher in the diary explaining the illness, and she /he will be excused. In the event of a prolonged illness, a student must produce a medical certificate and seek exemption from PT or swimming.
If a child is suffering from any serious medical condition, a letter to the class teacher at the beginning of the year is essential and important.
FORMATIVE ASSESSMENTS / WORKSHEETS/ SUMMATIVE EXAMINATIONS
If a student misses a unit test / formative assessment / exam, no retest will be permitted unless the student is absent for a school-sponsored activity, for example travelling with a sports team, drama club, etc. This decision can be taken only by the Principal. No requests for postponement of tests / worksheets and exams can be accepted by the school.
- If a child is absent for one assessment (FA1 or FA2, FA3, FA4) then the average will be taken.
- If the child is absent for more than 2 assessments (FA1 or FA2, FA3 or Fa4) then the child will be marked 0 for one assessment and the average of all the assessments will be taken for the second assessment. Please note that the average will come down.
- If a child fails in a unit test or exam, (VI to X) re-test will be given repeatedly till he or she passes. Retests or re- exams will be given after class hours.
BEHAVIOUR IN BUS
Bus drivers have complete charge of students riding the bus and will report misbehavior to school. For the safety of all students who ride the bus, students are expected to obey the following rules:
- Follow queue system while boarding and alighting the buses.
- Give respect to the driver and conductor and wish them and thank them.
- Students must use only the bus and the bus stop assigned to them.
- Students may not enter or leave the bus at any place except the student’s regular bus stop or school unless the student has a note from home that has been approved by the Principal/ Vice Principal/ Academic coordinators
- Students must stay in their seat while the bus is in motion. Students must not reserve seats.
- Students must keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times. Items such as books, bags must not block the aisle.
- Students must not litter the inside of the bus, throw anything out of the window, or cause damage to the bus.
- No bullying and no verbal assault of persons on the bus.
- No using mirrors, lasers, flash cameras, or any other lights or reflective devices in a manner that might interfere with the driver’s operation of the bus. Students must not eat or play hand games on the bus.
- No Eating in the bus at all times.
POSITIVE REINFORCEMENTS FOR GOOD BEHAVIOUR IN SCHOOL
- Motivational certificates are given in class to appreciate all kinds of learners- art, reading, good behaviour, good in academics, best helping hand, improvement in academics and good in computers.
- Each year, children are encouraged to design the cover page of the diary, Cover page of the book and it is these that are used by the school. Appreciation certificates are given to these children in the assembly.
- Every achievement of the child in any competition is acknowledged in the school assembly.
- Every year, outgoing students of Class X are honoured for various feats and achievements like music, dance, literary skills, scientific talent, quizzing, service and best outgoing student for the year.
We request parents’ cooperation for the following:
- Do not send expensive and excess stationery or send things that are not allowed by the school and if found with the child, same will be confiscated.
- Parents are requested to approach the school for any student related incidents or queries. If there is a misunderstanding or fight amongst children, the same has to be brought to the notice of the school and please do not approach or deal with the issue directly with parents. We are doing this solely to avoid conflicts.
- Parents should report to the front office if they need to pick up their children in case of emergency. Parents are not allowed to go to the classrooms directly.
- No last minute request for leave will be entertained unless it is an emergency. Three days notice to avail leave is required.
- Attendance of students is compulsory on the first day and last day after and before vacation.
- Parents are hereby informed that carrying of mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited in school and confiscated if a child has it and will never be returned.
Should a student choose to break a rule, the following consequences have been established by the school.
- The child’s non- compliance of the rules agreed upon will be informed to the parents.
- Regular poor behaviour by the child will cause for suspension from the School.